Vocal Tuition with Nuala Honan
Nuala’s vocal tuition helps clients discover new levels of confidence and versatility, through fun, practical exercises and an understanding of vocal mechanics.
ABOUT NUALA HONAN
Nuala has been singing all her life, starting with choirs in her youth, she received formal vocal training at high school, and has been performing professionally for 20 years across various bands, theatre and musical projects.
Nuala is currently studying the techniques of Estill Voice Training under the mentorship of Dom Coyote (Estill Master Trainer).
Nuala’s approach is very holistic, taking into account your physical, emotional and creative well being, her technique is extremely versatile and catered to the individual. Clients include recording artists, actors, public speakers and people who simply love to sing in the car or shower! Her classes enable people to get the most out of their voices, whatever the style or situation.
After learning a bit about you and any goals you may have, tuition will begin with the basic foundations of breath support and resonance, then building with healthy vocal and confidence techniques through songs Nuala will teach you, and songs you bring yourself.
Nuala is currently teaching from her home in East Bristol between 9am-6pm weekdays, accompanied by a lovely cat!
Lessons run for 45 minutes, with the very first lasting 1 hour. You'll get the most out of tuition if you are able to come weekly!
Prices are on a pay what you can sliding scale starting at £30-45. Please read the guidance below.
Nuala is passionate about people having access to singing, and will do her best to meet any needs you may have, so please feel free to share and ask about anything!
It’s better than therapy…! The lessons have felt very empowering, fun, they boost my mood and I feel much more confident in my voice now.
My lesson has become a special self care space that’s just for me, it is a great endorphin hit to start my week with!
Working with Nuala has achieved everything I wanted to from doing some singing lessons - and so much more besides. I am emerging with a newly restored confidence and as a technically better singer too.
I would recommend Nuala to anyone - be they a long-time singer looking to work on technique, find new ideas and approaches or restore confidence - or to somebody looking to sing for the very first time.
Nuala is warm, sensitive, she sees the whole of me and can see what I need better than myself sometimes.
It's been a long time since I took the singer in myself seriously, and with the right mixture of play and technique, Nuala is helping me get curious about what my voice can do.
Nuala has helped me immeasurably. Nuala has helped me break down the components of my singing technique and retrain them to be more sustainable. We also had a lot of fun doing it, and I would fully recommend her, no matter where you are in your singing journey!
I came to Nuala with a wish to lose my inhibitions and find more confidence in my voice and she has really delivered on that. Our lessons are both playful and focussed, we cover a lot of ground each week. Nuala has a great intuition for what songs will support my learning journey and has the ability to make learning them feel easy.
Nuala is incredibly supportive, positive and kind, and made me feel very relaxed. My singing improved greatly, and it became easier to produce a nicer, stronger sound.
To book a session with Nuala or make enquiries please contact
nualaphonan @ gmail dot com
PAY WHAT YOU CAN - WHAT SHOULD I PAY?
In order to keep tuition accessible whilst ensuring Nuala is compensated fairly for the quality and experience of her work, there will be a sliding scale price for tuition fees. You can choose what you pay based on your circumstances – you won’t be asked for any proof/ID. Nuala just asks that you are honest!
£30-35 per lesson
• I frequently stress about meeting basic* needs and don’t always achieve them.
• I have debt and it sometimes prohibits me from meeting my basic needs.
• I rent lower-end properties or have unstable housing.
• I sometimes can’t afford public or private transport. If I own a car/have access to a car, I am not always able to afford petrol.
• I am unemployed or underemployed.
• I qualify for government and/or voluntary assistance, for example, food banks and benefits.
• I have no access to savings.
• I have no or very limited expendable** income.
• I rarely buy new items because I am unable to afford them.
• I can’t afford a holiday or don’t have the ability to take time off without financial burden.
£35-40 per lesson
• I may stress about meeting my basic needs but still regularly achieve them.
• I may have some debt but it does not prohibit attainment of basic needs.
• I can afford public transport and often private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
• I am employed.
• I might have access to financial savings.
• I have some expendable income.
• I am able to buy some new items and I buy others second-hand.
• I can take a holiday annually or every few years without financial burden.
£40-45 per lesson
• I am comfortably able to meet all of my basic needs.
• I may have some debt but it doesn’t prohibit attainment of basic needs.
• I own my home or property or I rent a higher-end property.
• I can afford public and private transport. If I have a car/access to a car I can afford petrol.
• I have access to financial savings.
• I have an expendable** income.
• I can always buy new items.
• I can afford an annual holiday or take time off.
*BASIC NEEDS include food, housing, clothing, and transportation.
**EXPENDABLE INCOME might mean you are able to buy coffee or tea at a shop, go to the cinema or a concert, buy new clothes, books and similar items each month, etc.